Joan Bornstein, GREEN, SFR, Realtor and Broker Associate has earned a reputation among clients and professionals in the Real Estate Community as an honest, straight forward professional. One who is credible, returns phone calls promptly, and keeps both the client and other professionals apprised of the status of documents and timelines. She remains focused on crucial deadlines and strives to make the process as stress free for her clients as possible.
Joan started her career in Real Estate at Intero RE in Saratoga, CA in 2004; moved to Asante RE in 2006 in Los Gatos; and is currently with Zutila Real Estate in Irvine, CA.
In addition to Real Estate, Joan’s previous business associations include Xerox, State Farm Insurance, UB Networks, and NEC Corporation. Her expertise in Marketing, Corporate Planning, and Finance have earned Joan a reputation as a flexible professional and excellent negotiator.
Some key accomplishments of Joan’s Real Estate expertise are:
- Commercial Property Sales – Scope of work included designing the Brokerage Commercial Sign, and working with the Los Gatos City planning department to approve both the design and function of a building, to increase its sales appeal.
- Investment Sale of Multifamily Building – Prepared full financial disclosures, identification of major repairs, and facilitated accommodations for tenant relocations during the major reconstruction.
- UC Berkeley Property – Successful in person presentation to UC Berkeley Board about an offer to purchase property bequeathed to UC Berkeley. The offer was accepted over 17 other offers.
- Successful Short sale and Probate transactions
- Successful 1031 Exchange transactions
- Top 1% Agent in 2007, for volume of sales by Silicon Valley Association of Realtors
- Successful Strategy to help Buyers Purchase in Competitive Palo Alto Housing Market – Developed a successful strategy to help her Buyers compete against multiple offers in the tight Palo Alto housing market, which resulted in successful closes on multiple properties.
Joan is a member in good standing with the following professional Real Estate Associations:
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- California Association of Realtors (CAR)
- Orange County Association of Realtors (OCAR)
- Board Member of OCAR Green Committee -2010-2015
- Member of the NAR Short Sale Foreclosure Association
- Member of the Campbell chapter of American Business Woman Association Served as the Vice President for the 2006-2007 Board year
- Member of the Mission Viejo Chamber of Commerce 2013 to Present